Policies and Rules
Refunds and Cancellations
- ENTIRE FIELDHOUSE & SHARP ATHLETIC COMPLEX: 80% refunded if cancelled less than 60 days before the event. No refund if cancelled within 7 days.
- BANQUET HALL & FIELDHOUSE COURT RENTALS: 80% refunded if cancelled less than 30 days before the rental. No refund if cancelled within 7 days.
- CLASSROOMS, GAZEBO, PICNIC SHELTERS & TABLES: 50% refund if cancelled less than 30 days before the rental. No refund if cancelled within 7 days.
- DEPOSITS: Upon a satisfactory inspection, a check will be refunded a full week following the rental.
- TRIP REFUND POLICY: Payment in full is required when registering for a trip. Refunds will not be granted for a trip, unless a wait list is available and your spot can be taken. You may also find a replacement for yourself and notify the Park Office of the person taking your place.
All refunds will be charged a $3 processing fee. Credit card refunds will be paid with a check. All refunds must be processed through the Park Board. Refund checks will be mailed the Monday following the Park Board Meeting. All refunds must be applied for one-week prior to the meeting. Any refund requests past this deadline will not be issued until after the next month’s meeting. Absolutely NO CASH refunds will be issued. NO EXCEPTIONS.
General Park Rules
ALL PARKS: The Town of Highland prohibits the following by ordinance in all park areas: advertising, alcohol/drugs, archery, ATV vehicles, camping/ sleeping, defacing park property, destruction of landscape, disorderly conduct, dumping/littering, firearms, fireworks, gambling, glass containers, golfing, harassing wildlife, horses, metal detectors, mopeds, motor vehicles, open fires, overnight parking, snowmobiles, soliciting, and swimming. Pets must be on leash at all times and owners are responsible for handling pet waste. Rentals must be vacated from premises in compliance with scheduled park hours. Baseball is permitted only at Homestead and Markley Parks. Tennis courts are for tennis use only. Please notify HPRD at 219‐ 838‐0114 for violations of park policies or if you notice a park facility in need of repair.
A $7.50 fee will be assessed to those presenting N.S.F. checks for programs. This fee must be paid at the Town Hall BEFORE one can participate in the program the N.S.F. check was issued. If more than one N.S.F. check is written in any one year, no further checks will be accepted. Cash payment will be required for all further programs.
Permit from Police Department, plus resident signatures must be acquired before processing permit. Must have 8 days notice. Limit of 100 tables, $50 per load of 7 tables, delivered to driveway only – not yards. Block parties are for Highland residents only.